What's in those dusty old boxes?
Perhaps more than you think. Imagine simple treasures, far more valuable than anything freed from an attic and featured on The Antiques Road Show. The "Three Boxes of Liberty" contain powerful tools. A legacy left behind by our founders, in the form of our Constitution, to protect us from tyranny. Tools designed to preserve a life for all Americans to be free to pursue anything that makes them happy.

For me happiness is the pursuit of a life of quiet anonymity. A life where I am unknown to those who are uninvited - you might call that privacy. Rarely does anything of value (like privacy or measurable change) become real without sacrifice, and I've little to sacrifice, except my desire for a life of quiet anonymity and my time. So, I will give those up here to create a "workshop" dedicated to the tools found in the three boxes. Please join me in blowing off the dust and putting the tools to work.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Please complete and mail back the enclosed census form today...

...And that's just what I did, scratched in 03 for question #1, leaving the rest blank, and stuffed the form in the postage paid envelope and stuck it in the mailbox.  Done.

My census experience left me wondering what others are saying.  A quick search turned up this pearl, "The Sole and Express Purpose of the Census",
from the Tenth Amendment Center (one of my favorites).  It turns out that the piece is re-blog of "Are the Additional Questions on the Census and American Community Survey just Another Usurpation of Power? By Robert Greenslade".  I took some time to read a few of Mr. Greenslade's other essays.  The guy is smart and has plenty to say.  Please check out his work (link above), the archive links are listed on the right side of the page.  Enjoy!